Tofino’s PunchOut module eliminates manual PO entry
Tofino Software has released its “PunchOut” cXML and OCI-enabled eCommerce module. Tofino’s PunchOut module is integrated into the MRO procurement and inventory management workflow of TRMS CMMS.
Punch Out allows buyers to securely access a supplier's online web store while they are using the Tofino Resource Management Suite (TRMS) application. The buyer uses the supplier's website to search and select items for purchase and then fill a shopping cart. The shopping cart of items is then sent via the internet in real time to TRMS. The procurement application converts the shopping cart into a requisition or a PO, which is worked, approved, and in the case of a requisition, converted to a purchase order. The purchase order is then sent to the supplier.
The key benefits of PunchOut:
- Reducing operational costs
- Eliminating manual PO entry
- Allowing purchasing to interface with other company systems
- Ensuring adherence to negotiated contracts
- Allowing management to control purchasing budgets
- Delivering the right information to customers