Curtiss-Wright’s Sensors & Controls Division announces the release of the Exlar GTX080 integrated motor/actuator. The GTX080’s latest design offers performance improvements over its predecessor. Incorporating Curtiss-Wright’s inverted roller screw technology, the GTX080’s high power density and compact form factor make it an ideal replacement for hydraulic cylinders. With force ratings up to 5680 N (1277lbf), speeds up to 4200 rpm, and stroke lengths from 100 mm (4 inches) to 450 mm (18 inches), the GTX080 can be applied across a range of factory automation applications.
The GTX Series features include:
- High capacity planetary roller screws offering up to 15X the life and significantly higher shock load resistance than a comparably sized ball screw
- IP65S (min.) environmental protection
- Seamless integration into most leading motion control architectures
- Removable front seal bushing greatly simplifies maintenance and re-greasing of nut assembly to maximize actuator life
- Modular design with bolt-on mounting hardware allows mounting style reconfiguration or replacement in the field using commonly available tools
- Smoother, quieter operation compared to previous generation designs