United Electric Controls introduces the One Series Safety Transmitter
United Electric Controls has introduced the One Series Safety Transmitter — the first SIL 2-certified transmitter designed solely for safety system applications. Unlike costly, overcomplicated process transmitters that must be adapted for safety use, the One Series is engineered to protect, giving safety teams simple setup and fast, safer and affordable performance — from the start.
The new One Series Safety Transmitter is available in versions that monitor temperature and pressure.
The One Series Safety Transmitter is designed for the most demanding applications including:
- IEC 61508 SIS systems
- Voting Logic systems (2oo3)
- Critical safety applications – common mode failure reduction
- API 682 seal support systems
- Pumps and compressor start/stop, safety interlock emergency shutdown
- Turbine protection systems
- Lubricating oil monitoring
- Hydraulic pressure system monitoring
- Filter efficiency monitoring
- Legacy safety system modernization
- Electromechanical switch upgrades
The One Series Safety Transmitter provides 4-20 mA NAMUR standard error indicating output with exclusive "I Am Working" diagnostics. A unique, high-speed safety relay output is incorporated for local alarm or emergency shutdown. Discrete outputs deliver diagnostics and relay status voting logic input to the safety PLC to determine appropriate action. The transmitter is certified for use in SIL 2 safety instrumented systems, and is capable of SIL 3, per IEC 61508. It has configurable self-diagnostics and achieves a safe failure fraction of 98.8%. Instrument response time is <100 milliseconds.
The transmitter features a dual seal certified secondary pressure barrier for hydrocarbon service — and decreases labor time and costs by eliminating externally connected secondary seals. It is certified by cUL to ANSI/ISA 12.27.01 and complies with CEC rule 18-072 and NEC 501.17 requirements.Additional features include:
- No bi-directional communication for security against cyber attacks
- A large digital display that provides process variable, status, self-diagnostics and field programming information
- 100% programmable solid-state relay (switch set point & deadband)
- Effectively replaces a gauge, transmitter and a switch to reduce potential leak paths
- Certified for use in SIL 2 plant safety applications with FMEDA report available
- Worldwide hazardous location approvals for Class I, Divisions 1 & 2 (Zones 1 & 2)