J.R. Merritt Controls' NW Series Maintenance Switches meet or exceed all OSHA Lockout/Tagout requirements
J.R. Merritt Controls, Inc. introduces NW Series Maintenance Switches to North American markets. These custom-designed capsulated rotary switches have been proven over decades of use under extreme environmental conditions throughout Europe. They have been utilized everywhere that a rugged, durable switch is required, from cement factory and belt drive switches to crane travel limit switches. NW Series switches meet or exceed all OSHA Lockout/Tagout requirements.
These switches are attached to electric machines or constructions to enable safe maintenance work under observance of safety rules. By hanging a padlock on the cover plate, employees are protected from unexpected machine operation. The devices are lockable in zero position with up to three padlocks or lockout tags. The NW Series is suitable for a single electric drive arrangement, for currents from 16 A to 100 A.
- Comprised of up to three robust cam switches staggered by switching power, with a round control knob
- Double contact element-embedded controls with positively opening switch contacts
- Spacious ceramic arc chambers with strong blow magnets and a large contact opening stroke ensure safe switching
- Auxiliary contacts and inductive proximity switches can be installed, as required
- Installed in a cast enclosure or sheet metal housings with protection category IP64
- Backed by a 10-year warranty on mechanics
NW Series maintenance switches are custom designed per your application requirements, including connection power, current, voltage, housing size, cable inlets and additional built-in components (control devices, monitoring units and series terminals, etc.). Options include different handle styles, custom labeling, draining/venting plugs, rain shelters and custom housing colors.