Motor Decisions Matter (www.motorsmatter.org)
- Motor Planning Kit: contains case studies, technical information, equipment selection guidelines and other material describing effective motor management.
- Estimated Annual Savings Chart: An interactive spread sheet that demonstrates the cost and annual energy savings available with premium-efficiency motors.
- 1-2-3 Approach to Motor Management: A spreadsheet that includes life-cycle cost information, graphs and tables describing proactive motor management in simple language.
National Electrical Manufacturers Association (www.nema.org)
- General Specification for Consultants, Industrial and Municipal: NEMA Premium Motors (600 Volts or Less): This sample purchasing policy is available for download at www.nema.org/stds/nemapremium.cfm.
U.S. Department of Energy (www.energy.gov)
- MotorMaster+ 4.0: A comprehensive program that enables you to populate a detailed motor database. Available at www1.eere.energy.gov/industry/bestpractices/pdfs/mmplus.pdf.
- Service Center Evaluation Guide: Has information about the quality of service centers. Available at www1.eere.energy.gov/industry/bestpractices/pdfs/evaluate_motors.pdf
Advanced Energy (www.advancedenergy.org)
- Motor Survey How-To Guide: Has step-by-step instructions for conducting a motor survey and developing a motor management plan. Available on-line at www.advancedenergy.org/motors_and_drives/knowledge_library
- Horsepower Bulletin: A pamphlet describing life-cycle costing and guidelines for repairing or replacing a motor based on its size, operating hours and cost of electricity. Available at www.advancedenergy.org/motors_and_drives/knowledge_library
Electrical Apparatus Service Association (www.easa.org)
- Guidelines for Maintaining Motor Efficiency During Rebuilding: Use this to develop a written repair policy. Available at http://easa.org/indus/eemtr_rpr999.pdf
International Organization for Standards (www.iso.org)
- ISO 9000: Guidelines for developing a repair policy and a finding a service provider. Available by running a search for ISO 9000.