STEM statistics: The sad truth

June 25, 2014

This video shows the sad realities of how unprepared high school students are for college courses in STEM fields.

The numbers cannot be denied: students in high school need desperate help when it comes to their knowledge of STEM. One statistic in the video shows that while only 4 percent of the population currently holds a job in a STEM field, those 4 percent create the other 96 percent of jobs. With that amount of pressure on the STEM workers, it is no wonder the United States needs a refreshment of a new generation to take over and bring new ideas to the fields of STEM.

Sponsored Recommendations

Reduce engineering time by 50%

March 28, 2024
Learn how smart value chain applications are made possible by moving from manually-intensive CAD-based drafting packages to modern CAE software.

Filter Monitoring with Rittal's Blue e Air Conditioner

March 28, 2024
Steve Sullivan, Training Supervisor for Rittal North America, provides an overview of the filter monitoring capabilities of the Blue e line of industrial air conditioners.

Limitations of MERV Ratings for Dust Collector Filters

Feb. 23, 2024
It can be complicated and confusing to select the safest and most efficient dust collector filters for your facility. For the HVAC industry, MERV ratings are king. But MERV ratings...

The Importance of Air-To-Cloth Ratio when Selecting Dust Collector Filters

Feb. 23, 2024
Selecting the right filter cartridges for your application can be complicated. There are a lot of things to evaluate and consider...like air-to-cloth ratio. When your filters ...