Nidec Motor Corporation (NMC) has launched the cast-iron, totally enclosed fan cooled (TEFC) World Motor product line to stand up to the harshest environmental conditions. These products are built to withstand a variety of severe-duty applications. World Motor products meet or exceed either National Electrical Manufacturers Association (NEMA) or International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) standards and offer versatility and global functionality. Other features include:
- World Motor is built with a larger conduit box for easier connection. Improved conduit box sealing provides better environmental protection.
- Multiple conduit box locations and connection options are available for an easier fit into any installation.
- Full cast iron construction is more robust than the standard rolled steel.
- Dual drilled feet make replacing older installations – that may have accommodated smaller or larger motors – easier. There’s no need to change the mounting pad or foundations.
- The motor runs at a lower temperature thereby increasing the life of the winding insulation. A cooler running motor delivers higher efficiency.