Keysight Technologies, Inc. introduced a rack system for high-power DC applications. The prewired N8900 Series rack system reduces system complexity and saves time for engineers designing and implementing high-power systems for challenging applications requiring up to 90 kW.
When engineers design high-power racks, they face system design, debugging and safety challenges associated with high voltages. The N8900 Series rack system helps engineers easily overcome these challenges for voltages up to 1500 V and currents up to 3060 A, allowing them to focus on their core business objectives.
The new rack system allows users to install up to six 15-kW N8900 Series autoranging DC power supplies in a parallel configuration that can deliver up to 90 kW and up to 3060 amps. Autoranging capability allows customers to get full-power output at a wide range of voltages.
The rack system's internal communications wiring allows users to treat the entire rack as a single power supply that delivers up to 90 kW. Engineers can communicate with the rack through one master power supply with communications to the individual power supplies being handled within the rack. Users can communicate with the N8900 Series rack system via LAN (LXI Core), USB or GPIB interfaces, all of which come standard with the system.
N8900 Series rack system benefits include:
- Prewired rack to reduce system assembly and design time
- Ability to meet a variety of needs with voltage and current combinations from 80 V to 1500 V and from 60 A to 3060 A, respectively
- Prewired control of up to six 15-kW N8900 Series power supplies (30 to 90 kW)
- Control of the system as if it were one high-power supply, using the N8900's smart paralleling capability
- LAN (LXI Core), USB and GPIB I/O interfaces
- Worldwide operation with 208 VAC or 400 VAC inputs
- Worldwide support and 3-year warranty