Ingersoll Rand has introduced new models to its line of Next Generation R-Series compressors which incorporate the latest advancements in variable speed drive (VSD) technology to increase air flow output by 15%, reduce energy costs by 35% and increase system reliability. With the launch of the RS30n and RS37n VSD models, Ingersoll Rand engineers have designed a system which is built to maximize the latest advancements in rotor dynamics with totally enclosed, fan cooled (TEFC), IE3 motors.
At the heart of every Next Generation R-Series compressor is the airend Ingersoll Rand designed to improve overall system efficiency by ensuring low pressure drops. It delivers specific energy output and premier airflow capacity for each compressor application.
The compressors are designed to withstand harsh plant conditions and can run continuously in ambient temperatures of up to 115 degrees Fahrenheit. The starter panel meets NEMA 12/IP55 protection ratings to provide protection against circulating dust, falling dirt, and dripping or splashing liquids.
In addition to matching output based on the demand, the RS30n and RS37n compressors also decrease energy use during start-up, which can draw up to 800% of the full load current. RS30n and RS37n limit the in-rush current during start-up, minimizing peak power charges and lowering energy usage.
The new compressor models also come equipped with updated standard features to enhance reliability and durability, including:
- braided PTFE hoses that increase the lifetime of the compressor and mitigate downtime;
- an integrated dryer that isISO 1.5.1 classified, which provideshigherair purity and reduces the likelihood of damage to toolspowered by the compressor;
- a NEMA 12 rated enclosure andstandard pre-filter allow these compressorsto operate in harsh application environments;
- enhanced separators and coolers, and standard coolantthat lasts twice as long as comparable models, thereby significantly reducing maintenance costs;
- less energy required to operate, reducing energy costs over fixed speed.