Welcome to Targeted Training. Every week, we'll highlight a new training course from our Maintenance Management and Skills Training knowledge center. This week's training course is NFPA 70E Electrical Safety Requirements from AVO Training Institute.
This course is designed for supervisors, engineers, inspectors, safety officers, construction workers, and electrical maintenance and installation technicians that work on or around electrical equipment or installations which have voltages of 50 or more. This NFPA 70E training is designed to meet the safety training requirements of OSHA 29 CFR 1910.332 and the National Electrical Code.
- Understand the factors that contribute to electrical accidents
- Identify the recognized hazards of electricity
- Understand installation requirements for electrical equipment
- Understand how to establish an electrically safe condition
- Identify and establish shock protection boundaries
- Explain the requirements for personal protective equipment
- Understand the process for establishing the arc flash protection boundary
- Identify arc flash protective equipment and clothing
- Identify electrical safe work practices
- Identify maintenance requirements for electrical equipment