Voices: Big Picture Interview
Big Picture Interview is a Q&A series featuring industy thought leaders.
John Martini is an assistant professor of electronics technology at the University of Arkansas - Fort Smith, where he teaches classes in the robotics certification program. His educational background includes an Associate of Applied Science in electronics technology from UAFS when it was Westark, a bachelor of arts in liberal studies from the University of Oklahoma, and a master of arts in management from Webster University.Read More
More from this author...
- Sep 10, 2014In this Big Picture Interview, Robert Perez explores the role of the machinery reliability engineer.
- Jul 31, 2014In this Big Picture Interview, Klaus Brun explains why condition monitoring is only as good as the instrumentation accuracy and availability.
- Jul 10, 2014Chris Mears, SMRP's 2013 Certified Maintenance and Reliability Professional of the Year, talks about being a rising leader in the maintenance and reliability world.
- Jul 10, 2014In this Big Picture Interview, Chris Mears talks about the responsibilities of being a rising star in the maintenance and reliability profession.
- May 5, 2014In this Big Picture Interview, Frito-Lay describes how the NAME Award changed its operation.
- Apr 7, 2014In this Big Picture Interview, Tony Miller talks about the importance of the dojo.
- Mar 29, 2014Industry guru Jack Nicholas discusses the financial impact of equipment reliability.
- Mar 12, 2014Industry guru Jack Nicholas makes the business case for predictive maintenance and condition monitoring.
- Jan 22, 2014Tim Meyer discusses how Toyota uses information to make its supply, assembly, and delivery processes better.
- Jan 22, 2014John Maher talks about the thousands of pieces of information that comes from the supply chain and goes to customers.
- Jan 22, 2014Gene Billings addresses the aging labor force and how automation can help.
- Jan 17, 2014New SME President talks about the future of manufacturing.
- Jan 8, 2014John Hayes talks about Big Data, supply chain, and material handling.
- Jan 6, 2014In this Big Picture Interview, Rick Drumm talks about energy management, lean manufacturing, reshoring, and site selection.
- Dec 16, 2013Military veterans talk about filling skilled manufacturing jobs with ex-military personnel.
- Dec 4, 2013Lean principles put New York manufacturer in tune with the industry.
- Nov 12, 2013In this Big Picture Interview, Murat Gezgin and Hakan Yildiz are convinced of the important role that lubrication plays in the optimal operation of their engines.
- Sep 3, 2013In this Big Picture Interview, Chuck Armbruster explores the past, present, and future of maintenance and reliability.
- Jul 31, 2013In this Big Picture Interview, Stan Moore says design, installation, operation, and maintenance emulate the legs on a stool.
- Jul 9, 2013In this Big Picture Interview, Tim Goshert says proactive asset management could see advances similar to those in safety and environmental performance.
- Jun 25, 2013Former SMRP Chair Fred Dunbrack speaks about the state of the maintenance profession.
- Jun 4, 2013In this Big Picture Interview, Fred Dunbrack says maintenance isn't just a repair thing.
- May 7, 2013In this Big Picture Interview, George Connaughton explains how the CMRP exam identifies real-world skill sets.
- Apr 8, 2013In this Big Picture Interview, Klaus Blache says organizations that understand equipment reliability's impact tend to support it.
- Mar 13, 2013The only way to create more output at low cost is to use manufacturing assets wisely.
- Mar 6, 2013In this Big Picture Interview, Bill Schlegel theorizes that safety, reliability, quality, energy management, and manufacturing are all connected.
- Feb 7, 2013In this Big Picture Interview, Gino Palarchio discusses how implementation turns ideas into best-in-class maintenance practices.
- Jan 9, 2013In this Big Picture Interview, Al Weber ponders the future of maintenance and reliability.
- Dec 18, 2012Maintenance and production can work together to optimize assets and output.
- Nov 30, 2012Alexis Gajewski, digital editor for PlantServices.com, and Robb Dussault, Industrial Energy Management Specialist for Schneider Electric, discuss why plant managers need to become energy managers.
- Sep 7, 2012Alexis Gajewski, digital editor for PlantServices.com, and Dave Henrichs, Director of HMI at Schneider Electric, discuss the use of HMIs at your plant and how upgrading your HMIs can improve efficiency.
- Oct 26, 2011Global Competency Center and high-performance work system give employees the tools they need for high-hazard manufacturing.
- Aug 31, 2011Mario Abella, project control consultant at Nexen, discusses scheduling materials and personnel at very remote locations.
- Jul 8, 2011Karl Fessenden, vice president of power generation services, energy services, at GE, discusses efficiency, the smart grid and regulatory factors.
- May 23, 2011Alexis Gajewski, digital editor for PlantServices.com, interviews Rick Baldridge, Corporate Reliability Excellence Process Leader at Cargill Incorporated and Chair of SMRP.
- Apr 7, 2011Grainger CEO Jim Ryan discusses what his company is doing about the shortage of skilled tradespeople.