In this Big Picture Interview, Chris Mears talks about the responsibilities of being a rising star in the maintenance and reliability profession.
How much of the energy you put into your air compressor actually makes it to the end use?
By installing an energy monitoring system at the beginning of every project, all of the hours and dollars associated with benchmarking, estimating energy use, projecting savings and other tasks can be eliminated.
As more research shows, women’s tendency to study non-STEM subjects is because of the way they were raised, not because they tend to do better with more art-focused or creative fields.
August 20, 2014, 1:00 p.m. CST
Modern CMMS/EAM software provides a tool for management to extract the most value out of a company's physical assets, throughout the entire asset lifecycle and across the various silos of the enterprise. This value proposition relies heavily on a well-integrated system, from the design, procurement and building of assets, to their operation, maintenance, and disposal. Asset management software should be used to properly integrate your work program and projects (eg, shutdowns), with the management of anomalies (eg, HSE incidents) and other risks. Enterprise-wide integration helps to optimize asset availability, performance, reliability, quality of output, and the total cost of ownership.
- Infographic: 12 little-known facts about solar energy
- Infographic: The rise of wind energy in the U.S.
- Infographic: Global energy goals for 2030
- Infographic: Renewable energy now and in the future
- The Fieldbus Foundation and HART Communication Foundation set to merge in 2015
- ABB agrees to acquire Spirit IT to build liquid flow computers
- GE invests minority equity in Meridium
- element14 and Adafruit partner together for the “Hats Off” challenge
- 5S floor marking tape color standards
- How VFDs save energy
- 5 tips for managing spare parts
- Ground faults might be lurking in your variable-frequency drive systems
- White Papers
- Magic quadrant for enterprise asset management for manufacturing
- Has IoT left your building automation system vulnerable?
- GE's path to reliability-based maintenance
- Patlite’s NE signal light is constructed to provide seven different signal colors to notify personnel of changing equipment
- PYI's PSS Shaft Seal is designed to be available for shafts ranging from 3/4" to 6"
- E Instruments' BTU1500 is designed to meet the needs for the mechanical contractors
- Megger's MRCT test set designed for electromechanical relays
- Franklin's Energy Management Starter features monitoring and protection
- Atlas introduced heat pump combining heating and cooling options
- Konecranes' Target Positioning carries loads to specific destination
- Cambridge Engineering's Blow-Thru Space Heaters are built for smaller industrial facilities
Recent Job Postings:
Valuable Career Resources
Put your anonymous Career Profile up today and employers will begin pitching you job opportunities.
Your personal Job Alerts notify you by email of new jobs posted that match your search preferences.
Browse our content library, enlist the help of a trained career coach or simply ask an expert for career advice.