Integrating process weighing dataDownload Now
Efficient transfer of process data to higher level MES or ERP systems, along with intelligent weighing platform system upgrades, can:
- Enhance manufacturing process controls
- Improve asset use
- Lower operating costs
- Generate measurable ROI
Clear goal identification — either performed internally, or with the help of weighing process specialists — can ensure that hardware and software investments reap intended process improvement dividends. Considerations for proposed system upgrades include:
- Speed of process (for example, high-speed filling), which influences data exchange rates
- Existing equipment and potential connectivity
- Available budget
- Adverse operating conditions, such as high-pressure washdown, corrosive chemicals, hazardous environments and extreme temperature
- The data itself-who/what needs it, why and in what format?
- Is PLC connectivity is required, or will serial or Ethernet TCP/IP-to-PC work?
This paper explores weighing process integration challenges and provides points to consider when defining operating boundaries and data objectives. Weighing and
communication solutions are more likely to meet objectives and produce measurable ROI when these points are taken into account.