Voices: Road to Reliability
Capital project management varies from managing everyday projects generally only in the scope and duration. The approval steps required for capital projects are more extensive because of the project scope and cost, but effective projects have several things in common.Read More
More from this author...
- Jun 13, 2011Manage integrity risks of aging assets.
- Mar 21, 2011Be prepared for plant maintenance turnarounds and shutdowns.
- Feb 1, 2011The ladder to success: Risk-based inspection reduces costs.
- Dec 29, 2010To be or not to be: How to map business processes properly.
- Nov 24, 2010Road to inventory optimization: Control inventory costs to produce financial savings.
- Oct 19, 2010Best practices: The maintenance organizational structure can provide benefits.
- Sep 17, 2010Cycle counting uses experienced counters of inventory to determine reasons why errors occur.
- Aug 18, 2010Design for effective execution.
- Jul 21, 2010Change dynamics, leadership, risk identification and management, communication, and project management all must be addressed.
- Jun 30, 2010Reliability-centered maintenance (RCM) reduces the risk of equipment failure to a more-than-satisfactory level.
- May 21, 2010Contractor management and controls provides cost containment and reduction.
- Apr 12, 2010Eight steps to cash positive education.
- Mar 19, 2010Follow these 12 steps to get control of your LCC program.
- Mar 2, 2010Organizational alignment means having an organization that is structured and set up to succeed.
- Jan 20, 2010However you define it, the foundation is reliability.