Voices: Mr. Sustainability
Low gas prices are cutting efficiency project paybacks off at the knees, destroying balance sheets on solar and wind, and offering a cheap, relatively low-carbon alternative for companies that might otherwise look to renewables to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. But the low prices won't last, because way too many folks are making far too many plans to cash in.Read More
More from this author...
- Dec 5, 2011Paul Studebaker argues that government regulation doesn't hinder innovation, but ineffective and irresponsible regulation does.
- Nov 30, 2011Paul Studebaker explains how Pascal's Wager may apply to sustainability, the recession and climate change.
- Oct 12, 2011Paul Studebaker speaks about the inaugural class of the International Society of Sustainability Professionals (ISSP) Hall of Fame inductees, which were announced at the ISSP Conference 2011 in Portland, Oregon.
- Sep 21, 2011Paul Studebaker brainstorms responsible ways Apple could spend its $76.2 billion.
- Aug 25, 2011Paul Studebaker identifies investors who will finance energy improvements for a share of the ROI.
- Jul 28, 2011Paul Studebaker says your plant is only as sustainable as its personnel.
- Jun 16, 2011Paul Studebaker explores the fix-or-replace decision with sustainability in mind.
- May 17, 2011Paul Studebaker, CMRP, editorial director, says renewable-feedstock biofuel technologies offer better alternatives to ethanol.
- Apr 19, 2011Paul Studebaker, CMRP, editorial director, says let's not get hooked on cheap natural gas.
- Mar 14, 2011Paul Studebaker, CMRP, editorial director, explores ways of measuring and improving the sustainability of products.
- Feb 10, 2011Paul Studebaker, CMRP, editorial director, says industry is taking the lead on saving the world for future generations.
- Jan 20, 2011Paul Studebaker, CMRP, editorial director, says superior energy performance program names first plants to earn its certification.
- Dec 15, 2010Paul Studebaker, CMRP, editorial director, says Dow knows what's wrong with BP.
Economy, energy and environment initiative might help manufacturers become more efficient, competitive and sustainableNov 15, 2010Paul Studebaker, CMRP, editorial director, says put your government to work for you.
- Oct 18, 2010Paul Studebaker, CMRP, editorial director, says let sustainability open your mind to better possibilities.