Voices: Fundamentals Series
Every year thousands of electrical workers are injured or killed while at work. Standards such as NFPA 70E aim to keep workers safe through six strategies. With a goal of understanding how to use thermal imaging to check electrical systems, this 20-minute Plant Services Fundamental first reviews facts and figures of electrical safety. It continues with a discussion on the anatomy of an arc flash and the severity of arc flashes. It then identifies how thermography is useful, reviews indirect vs. direct temperature measurements, and the use of thermo imaging to identify electrical faults. Finally EMSDs are reviewed for use in energized electrical equipment.Read More
More from this author...
- May 20, 2014This presentation by Randy Barnett will addresses concerns about electrical safety and arc flash.
- May 19, 2014In this Plant Services Knowledge Base Series, Charles Dix, account manager with Holland Industrial, speaks about motor reliability.
- Apr 11, 2014Identify the potential hazards that can be present during energized work and how these hazards may be avoided.
- Apr 4, 2014Find out why you should conduct an arc flash hazard analysis, develop an understanding of the process from pre- to post- analysis and leave with an action plan for getting your arc flash hazard analysis done.
- Sep 18, 2013This Fundamentals Series presentation offers an overview of friction's affects on lubrication.
- Sep 17, 2013This Fundamentals Series presentation offers a look into Chrysler's state-of-the-art assembly plant in Belvidere, Illinois.
- Jun 14, 2013This Fundamentals Series presentation offers an overview of lockout/tagout (LOTO) and how to prevent workplace injuries.