WEG Electric’s NEMA Premium motors are made for applications requiring UL and/or CSA certification
WEG Electric’s NEMA Premium motors are designed to be an Explosion Proof solution. They are made to be available as TEFC single phase motors in 2-pole from 1/3HP to 2HP and 4-pole from 1/3HP to 1.5HP. Three phase motors are built to be available as TENV for 1/3HP 2 and 4-pole, TEFC in 2-pole from 1/2HP to 3HP and 4-pole from 1/2HP to 2HP.
Key features of the new WEG fractional HP explosion Proof motors are constructed to include;
- Class F insulation
- 50°C ambient temperature rating
- Service factor of 1.0
- Long leads for remote wiring
- Thermally protected
- IP 55 rating
- Class I – Group C & D and Class II – Groups E, F & G – T3C
- Foot mount with and without C flange
- Unassembled aluminum conduit box included
- Aluminum endshields
- Three Phase motors also rated for 50Hz (next lower rating)
These motors are made for applications requiring UL and/or CSA certification for hazardous locations. This product line was constructed to be rated for 50oC (122oF) ambient and also with a superior Ingress Protection rating (IP55).