NewAge Industries' barbed fittings are available in 5 materials to meet diverse application demands
NewAge Industries' barbed fittings for use with plastic and rubber tubing and reinforced hose are available in five materials. Each material - polypropylene, polyethylene, nylon, PVDF, and brass - offers different performance properties to meet the demands of diverse applications.
The advantages of Thermobarb's different materials include:
- Polypropylene – chemical and solvent resistance; autoclavable; made from FDA-approved material; available in natural color and black
- Polyethylene – chemical resistance; high impact resistance at low temperatures; NSF-61 (National Sanitation Foundation) listed material for use with potable water; black color
- Nylon – resists physical stress and abrasion; made from NSF-61 and NSF-51 (food equipment) material; autoclavable; natural color
- PVDF (polyvinylidene fluoride) – resistance to abrasion and U.V. exposure; resists creep and fatigue under mechanical stress and load; autoclavable; temperature range: -80°F to 226°F (-62°C to 107°C); natural color
- Brass – designed for maximum durability; made of CDA 360 brass