Ideal Industries has added a suite of new features to its TightSight clamp meter
Ideal Industries has added a suite of new features to its TightSight clamp meter, including:
- The backlight for the bottom TightSight display now lights on all functions instead of just amps.
- The display now stabilizes close to zero before taking a measurement as the meter defaults to the 0.0-volt resolution.
- A small switch resides in the redesigned battery compartment to select audible on or off.
- A shroud was added around the data hold button on the side of the clamp to minimize accidental depressing of the button while clamping onto a conductor.
- To measure starting current on a motor with an Inrush feature, True RMS models have replaced the Peak hold button with Inrush.
- A microchip that supports the above features also allows the 760 Series clamps to measure up to 660A, previously 600A. The chip is designed to provide faster autoranging measurements along with better accuracy in measuring low amps (1-20A).
- Dial and case designs have been strengthened, and the input protection has components for handling higher-than-normal occurrences of overvoltage spikes found in harsher environments.