Grundfos' SL submersible pumps are engineered to reduce risk and ease maintenance
Grundfos has launched a range of SL submersible wastewater pumps with the goal of minimizing known risk factors and reducing maintenance requirements. SL pumps are designed to handle municipal or industrial wastewater, wastewater with fibers, drainage, groundwater, and process and cooling water.
The SL range offers two types of impellers:
- SLV/SuperVortex Impeller: This pump type is designed to provid the free passage of solids up to four inches (100 millimeters) in diameter.
- SL1/Channel Impeller: This pump type also accommodates solids up to four inches, but is designed particularly for large flows of raw sewage.
Grundfos SL pump features include:
- Eff1-type motor: The use of Eff1 components is engineered to boost motor efficiency while prolonging pump life.
- Moisture-proof plug: A two-component sealant filling the plug prevents moisture from entering the motor via the cable core.
- Short rotor shaft: The construction of the pump motor is designed to reduces vibrations, protecting shaft seals and bearings.
- Double mechanical shaft seal: Primary and secondary seals are combined into a single cartridge.
- Easy-to-open clamp: This feature enables the motor to rotate 180 degrees for ready access during maintenance.