Fluke's family of clamp meters ease access and offer remote display
Fluke Corporation has introduced a family of clamp meters designed to meet the requirements for testing and maintaining electrical systems, industrial equipment and controls, and commercial and industrial heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) equipment. With this family of clamp meters, Fluke provides a range of features to meet demanding requirements for flexibility, safety and performance.
These test tools include:
- The Fluke 381 Remote Display True-rms AC/DC Clamp Meter, a full-featured meter that features a detachable display.
- The Fluke 376 True-rms AC/DC Clamp Meter designed for testing large industrial motors and other high-current applications in industrial environments. The Fluke 381 and Fluke 376 are shipped with the new Fluke iFlex flexible current probe.
- The Fluke 374 and 375 True-rms AC/DC Clamp Meters measure both AC and DC current. The Fluke 375 is designed for use with common motors and drives below 600A. Its low pass filter and ability to measure mV DC make it well suited for industry. The Fluke 374 measures both AC and DC current, which is important for security systems, basic motors and uninterruptible power supply systems.
- The Fluke 373 True-rms AC Clamp Meter offers durability and accuracy.
- The Fluke iFlex Flexible Current Probes expand the measurement range of compatible Fluke meters to 2500 A AC with measurement flexibility. The large coil reaches around large conductors and fits between tightly-packed cables. A six-foot cord allows measurement at a distance for easier viewing.
The clamp meters feature thinner, smaller jaws for easier use inside crowded equipment cabinets, large backlit displays, true-rms standard and improved overmolding for easier handling and improved survival if dropped.
The Fluke 381, 376, 375, 374 and iFlex current probes are rated for safe use in hazard category IV (CAT IV) 600 V environments (CAT IV 600 V, CAT III 1000 V) as defined by safety regulators in the US, Canada and Europe. The Fluke 373 is rated CAT IV 300 V, CAT III 600 V. A rating of CAT IV 600 V is required for use in outdoor environments.
The Fluke family of clamp meters includes:
- Fluke 381 Remote Display True-rms AC/DC Clamp Meter — The Fluke 381 is a full-featured clamp meter. Users can remove the detachable wireless display for improved flexibility, convenience and safety. Clamp the Fluke 381 around a conductor, remove the display, then close the equipment cabinet or move across the room to operate controls — all while watching real-time readings. It includes the iFlex flexible current probe.
- Fluke 376 True-rms AC/DC Clamp Meter with iFlex — Designed for the toughest industrial environments, the Fluke 376 Clamp Meter measures current up to 2500 A AC and 1000 A DC, and can troubleshoot noisy motors and drives. With true-rms AC voltage and current measurements, min/max/average and inrush recording, the Fluke 376 can read up to 1000 V and 1000 A in both AC and DC modes. The Fluke 376 includes the iFlex flexible current probe. The Fluke 376 is the direct replacement for the Fluke 337.
- Fluke 374 and 375 True-rms AC/DC Clamp Meters — The Fluke 374 and 375 clamp meters offer improved performance for many current measurement situations. With true-rms AC voltage and current measurements, the Fluke 374 and 375 can read up to 600 V and 600 A in both AC and DC modes and handle min/max, average and inrush recording. Both are compatible with the iFlex flexible current probe The Fluke 375 also comes with R Range, frequency to 500 Hz, mV DC and integrated low pass noise filter.
- Fluke 373 True-rms AC Clamp Meter — The Fluke 373 basic clamp meter offers improved performance for price-sensitive users. It is well suited for many AC-only current measurement applications. With true-rms AC voltage and current measurements and inrush, the Fluke 373 reads up to 600 A AC and 600 V AC or DC.
- iFlex i2500-18 and i2500-10 Flexible Current Probes — The Fluke iFlex flexible current probes expand the measurement range of the select Fluke meters to 2500 A AC while providing measurement flexibility. The iFlex probes connect directly to the meter, displaying current measurements without error-prone scaling factors. The large coil allows users to reach around large or awkward-shaped conductors, while the 0.3 inch-profile allows the coil to reach between tightly packed cables and improves access in crowded spaces. Their six-foot cord allows measurement at a distance from the conductor, making it easier to view the readings. Available in 25-centimeter (10-inch) and 45-centimeter (18-inch) sizes, and included with the Fluke 381 and Fluke 376 Clamp Meters; compatible with Fluke 375 Clamp Meters.