Emerson expands its Smart Wireless Field Starter Kit to include wireless enabling devices
Emerson Process Management has expanded its configurable Smart Wireless Field Starter Kit to include the Smart Wireless THUM Adapter and Wireless Position Monitors. These WirelessHART devices convert wired HART instruments and valves into wireless ones for delivery of once stranded data, improving plant performance and safety.
The THUM adapter and wireless position monitor enable plants to wirelessly access digital information from HART instrumentation points and valves that were previously limited to single-variable analog communications.
The THUM Adapter retrofits on any existing two- or four-wire HART device to enable transmission of measurement and diagnostics information not available using analog-only communications. Users now have the opportunity to:
- Make any HART device wireless enabling new measurement variables
- Gain access to advanced instrument diagnostics
- Remotely manage devices and monitor device health
- Efficiently gather data from multivariable devices
- Enable enhanced valve capabilities
Emerson’s Wireless Position Monitors use non-contact technology to detect linear and rotary movement on many types of equipment, including valves, sliding stem regulators, displacement and float level sensors, and relief valves. They provide percent-of-span feedback, similar to a position transmitter, and on/off or open/closed feedback using two limit switches. The wireless position monitors can also monitor device temperature.
Both devices are now available as part of Emerson's expanded Smart Wireless starter kit. The kit includes:
- Any combination of five or more wireless pressure, temperature, DP level, DP flow, vibration, or pH transmitters and discrete switches
- Any combination of wireless enabling THUM Adapters and Wireless Position Monitors to collect previously untapped process and diagnostics data
- A secure, robust Smart Wireless Gateway
- AMS Suite predictive maintenance software, which delivers diagnostic information from the wireless devices
- AMS Wireless Snap-On application enables easy design of wireless networks as well as network and device diagnostics information
- Smart Start Services, which include a full network health assessment to ensure robust communications plus verification of device functionality and output to the user’s Modbus, OPC, Ethernet or other communications system