Endicott Research Group's Smart Force LED drivers are engineered for the solid state lighting market
Endicott Research Group (ERG) is developing LED driver solutions for the solid state lighting market. Leveraging technology developed for its CCFL inverters and LED backlight drivers, ERG will be introducing a family of Smart Force LED drivers that combine full-function power supplies with energy-efficient controllers for commercial, industrial, architectural and other SSL applications. ERG’s Smart Force SSL drivers will offer 1W-200W unit power for driving single or multiple LED strings. Standard features include:
- Universal input (85V-277V at 50Hz or 60Hz)
- Power factor correction of 0.90 or better to maximize circuit efficiency and minimize power consumption
- Constant current with extremely low ripple to eliminate thermal issues and visible artifacts
- High efficiency (90%) to help luminaires meet ENERGY STAR ratings
- MTBF of more than 50,000 hours
Additional features to be available include triac dimming, color temperature regulation, ambient light control and vacuum encapsulation for added durability. IP67, UL1310 Class 2 and other key regulatory approvals are pending. The drivers will be available as standard, off-the shelf product or in custom designs.