Timken offers turnkey program for predictive maintenance
The Timken Company introduces a turnkey predictive maintenance program for companies that want to maximize uptime and achieve improved performance. Using this new program, Timken will custom design, set up and mentor customers in the development of their own, in-house predictive maintenance programs. Timken can either take full responsibility for customers predictive maintenance programs by using its own method of managing a programs data and delivering tangible results, or it can consult with customers on program design, start-up, training and hardware selection, while customers retain responsibility for the overall process.
Timkens Predictive Maintenance Program steps are:
- Program Design Includes high-level assessment of maintenance effectiveness, audit of existing programs and assessment of machine criticality, as well as a recommended schedule for PdM start up, hardware and training.
- Program Startup Timken will establish service-route schedules and timing, baseline readings, database setup and program alarm triggers, as well as equipment monitoring and servicing.
- World-Class Training Experienced Timken reliability professionals will provide general technology training, hardware-specific training and hands-on mentoring, as well as transition program responsibility to the customer.
- Hardware Selection Timken will suggest the latest and most appropriate technologies, recommend specific hardware solutions and lead the customer to a flexible design with either a Timken solution or an alternate solution that fits their needs.
- A variety of industries can be served by the program, including mills, power plants, mining companies and food processors. Timkens solutions are designed to help eliminate the guesswork from maintenance and to increase customer profitability. The companys proven solutions reduce maintenance costs, unexpected failures, repair and overhaul time and spare parts inventories.