Sherwin-Williams Site Survey program enables users to better understand the current corrosion status of their facilities
Sherwin-Williams developed Site Survey to improve asset management and maintenance planning by providing long-term budgetary analyses of on-site plant survey data. This is done by allowing users to enter data to catalog and evaluate plant assets, estimate current and future maintenance painting expenses, and generate cost comparisons for various budget scenarios. The reports created allow customers to understand the current corrosion status of their facilities and identify maintenance priorities, actions, costs, and savings over a ten-year period.
After the initial data is entered by a corrosion specification specialist and a comprehensive Site Survey analysis is provided, the program resides on the customer's local server so it is easily updated by customers and accessible for convenient access.
Benefits of the program are:
- An area estimator to quickly and accurately analyze surface areas of building materials and geometric structures such as tanks, pipes and corrugated decking
- Allows easy cataloging and management of asset photographs
- Allocates repair priorities taking into account asset importance and condition
- Calculates the optimal year in an asset's life cycle to overcoat or replace it
- Allows multiple-location comparisons by plant, division, or region
- Auto-optimizes budgets and compares up to eight budgets at a time
- Generates graphs and charts for visually communicating comparison data
- Provides internal adjustments for inflation, asset depreciation and other factors
"A top priority for Sherwin-Williams is helping our customers better use their maintenance dollars so they can minimize their costs and maximally leverage their investment in plant assets," says Doni Riddle, Vice President, Sherwin-Williams Industrial & Marine Coatings.
"With Site Survey, we are taking the lead in supporting our customers with the critical data they need to make informed maintenance painting decisions. No other coatings company can provide this comprehensive range of analytical data as quickly and completely."