Johns Manville introduces resilient, lightweight roof board
Johns Manville Roofing Systems has announced the introduction of Invinsa, a resilient, lightweight roof board designed as a cover board component of the roof system. It provides a protective layer for the insulation, while adding stability to the membrane above to ensure maximum performance and longevity.
Its patent-pending high-density polyisocyanurate technology is bonded in-line to coated fiber glass reinforced facers, providing excellent resistance to water and hail. Invinsa has been tested in PVC, TPO and EPDM single ply systems as well as JMCleanBond SBS modified bitumen roof systems and is approved for many Class "A" applications by FM Global and Underwriters Laboratories - the highest rating available for a roofing system.
Invinsa roof board optimizes roof system performance in a new, re-cover and re-roof applications. It can be installed over an existing roof to increase the integrity of the new roof.
The characteristics of this innovative product provide a number of advantages:
- Invinsa's resiliency helps to protect the roof system from damage by hail, foot traffic, construction loads and normal roof maintenance;
- It is user-friendly, allowing easy and efficient scoring, cutting and snapping, which permits fast, tight fabrication around roof penetrations;
- Invinsa's composition creates a low dust environment and smooth clean substrate for membrane addition;
- Its low water-absorption characteristics and inorganic composition offer exceptional performance in diverse environments, and it will not foster mold growth;
- Its light weight provides labor and installation efficiencies and may result in fewer fatigue-related mistakes an injuries.