Once merely a novelty, the cloud has become a productivity tool that is helping individuals and organizations to truly get work done more efficiently. While not right for every business, cloud computing is certainly proven its value to help manage asset performance and health.
Here are ten things you need to know about cloud computing and its capabilities:
1. The size of the market is estimated to reach $127 billion by 2017.
2. Cloud is changing software deployment models
3. Infrastructure as a service (IaaS) is growing quickly
4. Hybrid cloud is preferred
5. Cloud is shaking up enterprise IT
6. SMAC (social, mobile, analytics, and cloud) stacks are alive and well
7. Cost savings and time to market are driving adoption
8. Public cloud is more broadly adopted than private
9. Cloud workloads are expanding
10. Amazon Web Services (AWS) dominates the public cloud market, and there is no close second.
Read the full story on TechRepublic, including breakout detail for each point above.