Omnify Software, a provider of web-based Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software for discrete manufacturers, today announces a strategic partnership with Octopart, the electronic parts search engine, in order to give Omnify Empower users direct access to component information in Octopart without leaving their Omnify Empower environment.
The Octopart Search integration is an add-on module to the Empower PLM system. With this module, Empower users can search the Octopart database of a growing list of more than 30 million parts across thousands of suppliers. Users can check and create vendors, vendor parts, and associated items through a formal Part Request in Omnify Empower, while populating attributes/parameters, datasheets, and compliance documents directly from the available data in Octopart.
Omnify Empower customers can use the Octopart Search integration module to:
- Quickly search the Octopart database within Omnify Empower
- Link directly to items in Octopart from Omnify Empower for additional information such as costs, availability, and to purchase parts directly
- Easily create vendors, vendor parts, and Omnify items and automatically populate descriptions, attributes, and documents based on Octopart content
- Automatically assign parameters/attributes as well as datasheets and compliance documents to any object in Empower
- More quickly determine which components meet environmental and other compliance guidelines