The Hydraulic Institute (HI) announced its 2011 Board of Directors and Officers during its 94th Annual Meeting recently held in Scottsdale, Arizona. The new Board will be primarily responsible for providing organizational oversight to the Institute and guiding the direction of its strategic plan.
Ken Napolitano, President, ITT — Residential and Commercial Water, is the newly elected Chairman of the Board. Mr. Napolitano served as 2010 President of HI, and received the “President’s Award” at the meeting gala in recognition for his efforts and leadership in that capacity. Dean Douglas, President, Dover Pump Solutions Group, will assume the HI Presidency. Mr. Douglas, who previously served HI as Vice President, Member Services in 2010, was recognized for this service and received HI’s “Vice President’s Award”.
The new Board also includes three Vice Presidents: Dave McKinstry, Vice President, IMO Colfax, was re-elected to serve as Vice President of Technical Affairs; Dave Roland, President, Pentair Water — Engineered Flow GBU, will serve as Vice President, Member Services; Mike Medaska, Vice President, ARO Fluid Products, is the new Vice President, Knowledge and Education.
Additional Board members include:
- Rich Heppe, President, Nidec Motor Corporation
- Chad Tuttle, COO Americas, CLYDEUNION
- Dave Brockway, President, Intelliquip, Inc.
- Tom Conroy, Vice President and General Manager, Chempump - A Division of Teikoku USA Inc.
- Bob Hendricks, Vice President, Flowserve
- Suellen Torregrosa, Vice President and General Manager, Hamilton/Sundstrand
- Dennis Wierzbicki, General Manager, Grundfos, USA
Past Presidents of the Hydraulic Institute, Al Huber, President, Paterson Pump Company, John Miersma, Vice President, CFO and COO, Iwaki America, Inc. and Dennis Ziegler, President and CEO, GIW Industries, Inc. will continue active participation in the organization as ex-officio members of Board.