GearWrench has announced the launch of its GearWrench @Work contest, which allows tool users to upload a video for a chance to win an all-expenses-paid trip to Las Vegas in November to attend the Specialty Equipment Manufacturers Association’s (SEMA) annual conference. The GearWrench @Work contest kicks off today and will run through Friday, August 13.
“Whether you are a mechanic in an industrial plant, automotive technician, aviation mechanic or expert weekend warrior, this contest provides you with the chance to show us how you put GearWrench tools to the test,” said Kenneth Escoe, vice president of marketing for GearWrench.
GearWrench @Work contest rules and guidelines:
- Upload an up to five-minute video to www.gearwrench.com before August 13, 2010, showing your most extreme work environment, a tough challenge in the shop or how you tackle a difficult task using your favorite GearWrench tool
- A panel of judges will select 10 finalists whose videos will be posted online on August 25, 2010
- Voting will take place at www.gearwrench.com between August 25 and September 29, 2010, by GearWrench enthusiasts
- The grand prize winner will join the GearWrench team in Las Vegas for the Specialty Equipment Manufacturers Association’s (SEMA) annual conference November 2-5, 2010. SEMA is the premier industry event where thousands gather every year to see what’s next in the automotive aftermarket and heavy duty tool and equipment world. The winner also will have an opportunity to meet drivers from the Bimmerworld/GearWrench race team and talk to the pros about GearWrench tools
- The remaining nine finalists each will receive a GearWrench prize package
Videos may be no larger than 1GB and no more than five minutes in length. GearWrench recommends the MPEG-2 or MPEG-4 format at 640x360 or 480x360 resolution.
The contest is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry.