The Lean Enterprise Institute (LEI) will run a series of 12 workshops Oct. 27-29, 2009, in Chicago to help companies accelerate their lean transformations in order to emerge stronger from the recession.
Called "Forward to Fundamentals," the Chicago curriculum will cover essential lean methods. It also will feature a supply-chain track about how to apply lean concepts to logistics, warehousing and distribution.
The workshops, which will run from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Hyatt Regency O'Hare, are:
- 5S: Visual Workplace, Oct.27
- Developing Kaizen Skills, Oct.27
- Making Materials Flow, Oct.27
- Value-Stream Mapping for Manufacturing, Oct.27
- Value-Stream Mapping for the Office and Service, Oct.27
- Key Concepts of Lean - Understanding the Toyota Production System, Oct. 28-29
- Lean Supply Stream: Rethinking Supply Chain and Logistics Management, Oct.28-29
- Lean Warehousing and Distribution Operations, Oct.28-29
- Optimizing Flow in Office and Service Processes, Oct.28
- Standardized Work: The Foundation for Kaizen, Oct.28
- Lean Problem Solving, Oct. 29
- Made to Order Lean: Excelling in a High Mix, Low Volume Environment, Oct.29
For complete details about course content, pricing, instructors, discounts and registration, visit http://www.lean.org/events/fundamentals_event.html.