OSHA has published data on its most frequently cited standards and highest penalty amounts for fiscal year 2007.
These top five most cited violations cost employers more than $25 million in penalties last year:
- Scaffolding, general requirements, construction (29 CFR 1926.451)
- Fall protection, construction (29 CFR 1926.501)
- Hazard communication, general industry (29 CFR 1910.1200)
- Control of hazardous energy (lockout/tagout), general industry (29 CFR 1910.147)
- Respiratory protection, general industry (29 CFR 1910.134)
For more information and to prepare yourself for 2008, visit www.osha.gov.