Home » An evolution in manufacturing safety
An evolution in manufacturing safety
Milliken and Company has turned on its ear the long-held belief in manufacturing that safety is something that companies only do grudgingly, leading to half-hearted efforts that expend resources but have little affect on actual employee safety or productivity.
By contrast, Milliken has shown that a dedication to safety and quality in production has led directly to it thriving in the highly competitive, global textile and chemical industry. In fact, Milliken is one of the last, major American textile manufacturers to survive the off shoring of the industry.
- Improving manufacturing performance through intelligent safety system design
- Intelligent motor control centers lay the foundation for improvements in manufacturing efficiency and reliability
- Machining accuracy of machine tools
- Safety | Safe Motion Technologies: Competitive Advantages for Early Adopters. | Plant Services
- Convergence and the programmable automation controller
- More White Papers ...
- Honeywell's Safety Manager Field Device Unit allows process manufacturers to implement small, standalone safety applications
- Rite-Hite's Rite-Lite dock light illuminates entire semi-trailer for improved safety and productivity
- PAS' PlantState Suite Version 6.5 enables improved plant safety and productivity
- Rockwell Automation's Allen-Bradley L43S and L45S Compact GuardLogix PAC provides integrated safety and motion in a single controller
- Gateway Safety's Varsity safety eyewear features a V-shaped temple design and sporty wraparound lens
- More Products ...
- International comparisons of manufacturing productivity and unit labor cost trends
- Manufacturing sector productivity grew 6.3% in the first quarter of 2011
- Manufacturing production will outpace the overall economy
- The manufacturing sector forges ahead
- U.S. manufacturing production increased 0.5% in October
- More News ...
Access the entire print issue on-line and be notified each month via e-mail when your new issue is ready for you. Subscribe today.
Solve your MRO, energy and asset management problems with our free e-newsletters and alerts. Subscribe today.
- Featured White Papers