Home » Paper mill motor remains in service after failing surge
Paper mill motor remains in service after failing surge
Periodic testing of electric motors identifies insulation weakness prior to motor failure. This gives the user time to plan for the repair or replacement of the motor. This case study is the perfect example of letting the motor run to a planned outage and saving costly repairs from unplanned downtime.
- Data mining and analyzing the information found in a CMMS can lead to the ability to predict machinery failures
- Rethink motor repair/replace decisions
- Predictive motor maintenance
- Prove the value of predictive maintenance (PdM) to senior management
- Maintain your motors to improve efficiency and uptime
- More Articles ...
- Dreisilker's Motor-Safe Repair System is an energy-saving alternative to burnout methods
- Ideal's HeatSeeker Thermal Imager detects hotspots before costly system failures occur
- Timken offers turnkey program for predictive maintenance
- Testo's 875 and 881 thermal imagers meet the full spectrum of thermal imaging requirements
- Emerson's CSI 9210 Machinery Health Transmitter delivers predictive diagnostics for all types of rotating machinery
- More Products ...
- Next Up Careers launches career portal for engineers and predictive maintenance professionals
- Predictive Service Institute offers interactive, online reliability and predictive maintenance training
- SMRP and enetrix partner for online maintenance and reliability benchmarking study
- Strategic Asset Management for Power Plants conference offers case studies and strategic information
- ROI: PdM's secret weapon?
- More News ...
Access the entire print issue on-line and be notified each month via e-mail when your new issue is ready for you. Subscribe today.
Solve your MRO, energy and asset management problems with our free e-newsletters and alerts. Subscribe today.
- Featured White Papers