Home » Technology and the lean enterprise: Building an infrastructure that drives the highest value to the customer
Technology and the lean enterprise: Building an infrastructure that drives the highest value to the customer
Across the industrial machinery and components industry, successful lean initiatives are increasing as manufacturers recognize the key enabler of continuous improvement and eliminating waste — technology. This SAP white paper presents six brief case studies of manufacturing companies that have done just that. They have each built an underlying technology infrastructure to support a foundation for increasing their value to their customers.
This white paper discusses just how technology connects to the success of lean initiatives that drive value. It defines the lean enterprise and how lean programs impact operations, profitability and IT.
- An IT perspective of control systems security
- Planning and developing effective emergency mass notification strategies for hazardous industrial applications in the post 9/11 era
- Advanced process control: Quick and easy energy savings
- Maintenance and calibration of HART field instrumentation
- Five ways to reduce the cost of your industrial vehicle fleet
- More White Papers ...
- Siemens' Plant Asset Management delivers low-cost, intelligent plant maintenance
- Azima DLI's Watchman Reliability Portal 2.0 provides plants with deployment flexibility and improved machine data analysis
- MAG Industrial Automation Systems' Freedom eWARE software suite is capable of collecting data from a variety of plant floor assets
- Azima DLI's Watchman Reliability Service Plans ensure equipment reliability and uptime results
- Balluff's direct metal-mount RFID system features industrial track-and-trace capabilities
- More Products ...
- Honeywell acquires rights to Shell's operator rounds technology to extend operational excellence to the field worker
- Asset management growth driven by promise of reduced costs and improved performance
- Elevate and certify your planners, supervisors and maintenance coordinators to peak performance levels
- Better performing plants mean better performing businesses
- Cement manufacturer deploys Visual KPI to deliver real-time plant data directly to managers' and executives' smart phones
- More News ...
Access the entire print issue on-line and be notified each month via e-mail when your new issue is ready for you. Subscribe today.
Solve your MRO, energy and asset management problems with our free e-newsletters and alerts. Subscribe today.
- Featured White Papers