Performance contract provides cost reduction and quality improvement
In 2005, Heineken Netherlands decided to outsource the Installed Base Management of their process instrumentation. There were three main reasons for this decision:
- Internal know-how and capacity to manage and maintain measuring instruments decreases
- Investments in specialized activities are no longer effective towards cost and quality
- Strategic decision: maintenance of process instrumentation is not 'core business'
The Installed Base Management includes the calibration, inspection, repair and maintenance of approximately 3.500 instruments of various types. The selected partner would have to demonstrate its ability to:
- Manage the process instrumentation in such a way that maximum product integrity and installation availability can be guaranteed at minimum costs
- Continuously improve the execution processes, the availability of instruments and the instrumentation performance within process specifications