High slip braking software
The techniques for braking of high inertial loads to a stop traditionally involved either Dynamic Braking or DC Injection Braking technology.
This article examines a new load-braking alternative called High-Slip Braking (HSB). We identify the different aspects of HSB, look at what it does, how it works, and how it is different from other braking methods. We also provide examples of "real-world" successes, and discuss the new technology's cost effectiveness.
- The case for regenerative AC drive motors
- General-purpose permanent magnet motor drive without speed and position sensor
- The case for hollow shaft torque motors
- A hybrid 18-pulse rectification scheme for diode front end variable frequency drives
- Evaluation of an alternate soft charge circuit for diode front end variable frequency drives
- More White Papers ...
- Force Control Industries' double C-face coupler brake uses a standard C-face motor
- Force Control's MagnaShear motor brake features oil shear technology
- Nexen's Spring-Engaged, Hydraulically Disengaged Caliper Brakes are engineered for dynamic braking and static holding applications
- Nexen's Eclipse Servomotor Brakes are equipped with a split hub, zero backlash clamp collars
- Hitachi's RCU Series regenerative converters offer a green alternative to traditional dynamic braking systems
- More Products ...
- European motor drives accelerate in China
- Lift trucks with AC drive technology replacing conventional IC engine models
- Billions of dollars in energy could be lost annually due to poor motor sizing
- How much do you know about forklift safety? (Quiz)
- NEMA-backed motor rebate bill introduced in Congress
- More News ...
Access the entire print issue on-line and be notified each month via e-mail when your new issue is ready for you. Subscribe today.
Solve your MRO, energy and asset management problems with our free e-newsletters and alerts. Subscribe today.
- Featured White Papers