Siemens' Simatic PCS 7 V8.0 process control system offers enhanced features
Siemens' Simatic PCS 7 V8.0 process control system is designed to offer the user enhanced design and planning mechanisms and an easier way to track project changes. The new Process Historian provides an integrated scalable, long-term archiving system. Users can now access the archive data and reports for the purpose of optimizing production and assets. They can also create and modify reports using the standard Microsoft Reporting Service tool.
Simatic PCS 7 has Profibus and Profinet communication for fault tolerant and redundant applications. The fault-tolerant Simatic S7-400H controllers have been upgraded to feature greater performance and new functions. They have an increased I/O capacity, and an integrated 2-port switch Profinet interface. In addition, the range of controllers has been extended to include the AS 416-5H controller. In terms of performance, this new controller with 16 MB RAM is positioned between the AS 412-5H with 1 MB, the AS 414-5H414-5H with 4 MB and the AS 417-5H417-5H with 32 MB RAM, allowing for more granularity in system sizing.
The Simatic PDM (Process Device Manager) – the tool for operating, setting, maintaining and diagnosing PA, FF and HART field devices – has been supplemented by adding new import/export functions. Users will benefit from extended plant documentation, integrated statistics, simpler operation and a more convenient process for the replacement of devices.
The Advanced Process Library (APL) has new blocks for motor management, starters and compact drives, while the AdvES advanced engineering system has a new type concept compliant with ISA 88 (Control Module Types) and a user interface with a progress indicator. The industry library has been enlarged with technological blocks, e.g. for heating, ventilation and air-conditioning (HVAC) applications. In addition, package units for Simatic S7-300 as well as remote operator panels can now be integrated using the Industry Library based on the APL style guide. The PCS 7 Telecontrol add-on now permits the setup of hierarchical system configurations, while route control allows graphic offline path-searching. Power Control facilitates the integration of electrical switchgear in accordance with the IEC 61850 protocol.
The scalability of Simatic PCS 7 V8.0 is extended by another new automation controller. The AS mEC is equipped with on-board Profinet and central IO modules, and is optimized for small-scale applications and for use in the OEM environment.
- Siemens' Sinamics V20 inverter covers a performance range from 1/6–20 hp
- Siemens' Simogear geared motor is built for energy efficiency
- Siemens' Siplus CMS2000 condition monitoring system has inputs for vibration sensors
- Siemens' Simatic WinCC SCADA software is now a plant-wide information system
- Siemens' Simatic NET CP 343-1 Advanced and Simatic NET CP 443-1 enhance network security
- All products »
- Dwyer Instruments' LOFM flow sensor works in dirty-water applications
- Ashcroft's Type 5503 differential pressure gauge works well under caustic conditions
- Williamson's Pro multi-wavelength infrared temperature sensors provide predictive maintenance in challenging conditions
- Electro-Chemical Devices' T80 Universal Transmitter is built for liquid analytical measurements
- Dwyer's IPFS insertion paddlewheel flow sensor is designed for high accuracy
- ABB has released a 1,200-unit line of key interlock switches and non-contact switches
- All products »