Omron's DSS Trapped Key Loading Dock Safety System protects dock workers
Omron Automation and Safety's DSS Trapped Key Loading Dock Safety System is designed to protect dock workers by enforcing a safe sequence of actions. DSS uses the trapped key concept – in essence this means that the loading dock door cannot be opened until the trailer brakes are locked. Once the trailer brake glad-hand is set, the glad-hand key is released ,allowing the loading dock door to be opened. This solution is designed to work with all vehicle types and can interlock with other existing dock safety products.
Operators lock the trailer brakes, open the loading dock door (automatic outdoor or manual indoor options are available) and safely load/unload and depart. When air is released from the trailer’s brake line, the mechanical brakes automatically engage. The system keeps the brakes locked until loading/unloading is complete.
Omron Scientific Technologies Inc.
- Omron's F3SJ-E safety light curtains are designed for hand guarding applications
- Omron Scientific Technologies introduces the Status Display Touchscreen for G9SP Programmable Safety Controllers
- Omron's D4GS-N Slim Safety Door Switches fit in thin spaces subject to water washdown cleaning
- Omron Scientific Technologies' D40Z Safety Interlock Switch supports ISO 13849-1
- Omron's D4SL six-contact Guard Lock Safety Door Switch is designed to accommodate the misalignment of real-life door applications
- All products »
- Nova RF Series Dock Shelters minimize pressure on building walls during loading and unloading
- Frommelt Safety's Guardian Defender automated barrier door protects employees from hazards
- Toyota's 8-Series large diesel lift truck line offers fuel-saving features
- Standard-Knapp's Pic-N-Place module simulates human arms for smooth movement
- Nova FPHU Series Seals accommodate larger dock doors
- Presto's XBP portable electric scissor lifts transport and lift loads to a convenient height
- All products »