GE Energy offers Onsite Transformer Rewind Service up to 1000MVA and 500kV
GE Energy’s Industrial Solutions business offers on-site Extra High Voltage (EHV) transformer rewind service up to 1000MVA and 500kV, as well as the capability to perform internal repairs in the field. Repairs include tank shield repairs, catastrophic bushing failure with heavy contamination, de-energized tap changer (DETC) failure and oil box repair.
The Onsite Transformer Rewind Service brings a team of technicians to the site of the rewind to construct a temporary facility, equipped with double-insulated fabric walls and an interlocking composite floor designed to withstand the weight of even the largest transformer.
The facility is then pressurized through three HVAC units, allowing for proper temperature and humidity control. Next, GE’s technicians remove the core and coil assembly from the damaged transformer with a gantry crane and disassemble it, storing the core on specially designed fixtures during the rewind. If new coils are necessary, they are manufactured at one of GE’s winding centers and shipped to the rewind site.
GE can also provide fully portable IEEE testing, including induced, impulse and load loss as part of the on-site rewind or on a stand-alone basis. GE also assigns a project manager with direct transformer technical expertise to each project to provide daily updates, detailed work planning and regular status on planned vs. actual.
- U.S. Motors' Silver Bullet Stainless Steel Motor offers increased horsepower
- Siemens' Simogear geared motor is built for energy efficiency
- Baldor's Super White Washdown Duty motor can endure washdowns on a regular basis
- Metcar Grade M-58 is approved by FDA for food and pharmaceutical applications
- AutomationDirect's SureGear PGA servo gear reducers offer accuracy and reliability
- ABB's ACS880 AC drives will be available as single drives, multidrives and drive modules
- All products »