GE's Remote Monitoring and Diagnostic technology streamlines preventative maintenance
GE Remote Monitoring and Diagnostic (RM&D) technology is designed to streamline preventative maintenance tasks by zoning in on actual motor operating conditions so that potential problems can be addressed before they cause breakdowns and potential harm to users’ equipment and systems.
Since system devices are Modbus compatible, installation is designed to require minimal infrastructure adjustments. By using a secure wireless network, transmitted data integrity is not compromised, and no additional cable connections are required.
Utilizing wireless remote monitoring units (RMU) to collect and transmit relevant operating data to GE’s Monitoring and Diagnostic (M&D) Center, proprietary GE software analyzes the condition of the motor’s stator and bearings. RMU collects data on stator temperature, voltage and current, motor-bearing temperature and motor-bearing vibration.
Motor data is warehoused at the M&D Center and posted to a secure website where customers can analyze trends for motor and load conditions, and act accordingly. Data points and resources are available to customers via the website and include: motor performance; stator coil temperature; voltage and current data; bearing temperature and vibration data; access to all machine historical data; and alert notifications, such as text messages or emails sent to specified maintenance personnel.
Along with 24/7 Motor-Data Analysis and Trending, GE’s RM&D Solution Offers Customers These Services and Savings:
· No need to purchase and integrate expensive enterprise-wide software and hardware;
· Increased reliability that extends the lifecycle of critical assets;
· Minimal disruption to operations due to quick installation;
· Shortened motor-rewind cycle times since parts and components can be pre-ordered;
· Avoidance of additional failure risks from maintenance mistakes;
· Limited footprint installation on any accessible DIN rail;
· Compatibility with universal Modbus protocol; and,
· Single-screen view for single- or multi-facility operations.
- GE's Medium Voltage LIS Retrofit solution reduces arc flash incident energy levels
- GE's SG Series Uninterruptable Power Supply receives the EPA's Energy Star certification
- GE's Evolution Series Switchboard combines full selective coordination and arc flash protection
- GE's PACSystems RXi platform provides machine-to-machine connections
- GE's Proficy Historian 4.5 solution is designed to collect, aggregate and organize data
- GE's AF-600 F11 Redundant Drive is designed for applications where a full- or reduced-voltage bypass cannot be used
- All products »
- Zebra Technologies' Material Flow Wireless Replenishment Starter Kit provides real-time visibility on the plant floor
- Sologic's Causelink Enterprise RCA software application is designed for data mining, monitoring and reporting
- Fluke's MET/TEAM software offers automated calibration and asset management
- IBM Maximo Asset Management Scheduler V7.5.1 improves planning and scheduling
- eMaint X3 maintenance management software offers new enhancements
- MPulse Datalink Integration Adapter helps integrate ERP, MRP or accounting with your CMMS
- All products »