General Monitors' Second Sight TC Remote Gas Detection System uses infrared imaging to detect up to four different gases
The Second Sight TC Remote Gas Detection System from General Monitors uses infrared imaging to add another layer of safety to the detection of combustible and toxic gases. Second Sight TC is designed to simultaneously detect up to four different gases. It features a field of view (30° standard) and a maximum detection range of 2 km. Detection sensitivities are verified for quantities of hydrocarbon gas of approximately 2 kg at 250 meters.
Second Sight features a human machine interface (HMI) that permits operators to see target gases in real time as they are detected by the IR camera. A video image displays overlaid levels of gas concentrations to provide a picture of gas dispersal. With the HMI, users can deselect areas within the imager’s field of view that are not of interest or may contain potential sources of false alarm.
Second Sight requires no gas calibration in the field and automatically performs an optical check every 30 minutes that assesses window cleanliness, optical path integrity, optical alignment and focal plane array position. A video recorder function allows Second Sight operators to play back alarm events and record current detection, while stored files enable safety personnel to view images and concentration profiles of events as they unfold over time.
The Second Sight System features a long wave infrared (LWIR) camera with a spectral range of 8-14 µm (IR) at a spatial resolution of 384 x 272 pixels. The camera has a standard maximum range of 3,281 feet (1,000 meters) and an optional range of up to 6,562 feet (2,000 meters). It can detect methane at 0.1 LEL-m, propylene at 0.1 LEL-m, butane at 0.3 LEL-m and propane at 0.5 LEL-m. It operates over a temperature range of 14° to 131° F (-10° to 55° C) and humidity range of 0-95% RH, non-condensing.
Phone: (800) 330-9161
- General Monitors' Gassonic Observer-H Ultrasonic Gas Leak Detector features HART communications
- General Monitors' PA4000 Gas Monitor features a photoacoustic, infrared sensor
- General Monitors' IR400 Combustible Gas Detector protects against the hazards of ethylene gas vapors
- General Monitors' TS4000H Intelligent Hydrogen Gas Detector continuously monitors for hydrogen at 0-500 ppm levels
- General Monitors' Gassonic Observer Ultrasonic Gas Detector responds to the airborne ultrasound generated from gas releases in open areas
- All products »
- Wildeck's SaferGate self-closing swing gate reduces potential accidents
- 3M's Peltor X earmuffs provide noise reduction up to 31 dB
- Allegro Industries' Liftbak provides ergonomic lifting support
- Magid's disposable respirators feature increased safety and comfort features
- 3M introduces five new lines of personal protective equipment
- 3M's SecureFit Protective Eyewear features pressure diffusion temple technology for improved safety
- All products »