Honeywell's RC500 Remote Terminal Unit gives industrial manufacturers tighter control of remote operations
Honeywell introduces the RC500 Remote Terminal Unit (RTU), a modular and scalable controller that integrates with SCADA technology to give industrial manufacturers tighter control of remote operations. The RC500 is designed to withstand harsh environments and is well suited for remote automation needs. It also can operate using minimal electricity, making it suitable to run on solar power and for continuous monitoring of remote, fixed assets.
RC500’s open communication platform integrates with Honeywell’s Experion Process Knowledge System (PKS). When combined with Experion’s SCADA products, the RC500 helps facilities more effectively manage complex remote automation and control applications.
With its embedded Linux platform, the RC500 RTU line features models with flexible communication ports and protocol options. It also supports Modbus and DNP3. Additionally, RC500 is capable of peer-to-peer I/O transfers, making it well suited for transferring and sharing information between devices in a large network.
Other key features include data-logging capabilities with the option to record I/O values and log them into data files. This means critical data from the field is not missed and is available for analysis. Facilities can retrieve the data files and then display them using many applications making the process simple and cost-effective.
The RC500 also features self-resetting fuses, an independent watchdog function for health monitoring and an Ethernet I/O-2 module.
- Honeywell's Uvex AcoustiMaxx Stereo Bluetooth eyewear provides impact protection with hands-free communication
- Honeywell's Uvex Pheo eyewear features duo-spherical lenses for improved safety
- Honeywell's Miller MightyLite Leading Edge Self-Retracting Lifeline puts safety first
- Honeywell's Miller AirCore Harness combines comfort and safety features
- Honeywell's Uvex Carbonvision Safety Goggles keep workers safe
- Honeywell's Uvex Mercury Safety Eyewear offers style and safety
- All products »
- Dwyer Instruments' LOFM flow sensor works in dirty-water applications
- Ashcroft's Type 5503 differential pressure gauge works well under caustic conditions
- Williamson's Pro multi-wavelength infrared temperature sensors provide predictive maintenance in challenging conditions
- Electro-Chemical Devices' T80 Universal Transmitter is built for liquid analytical measurements
- Dwyer's IPFS insertion paddlewheel flow sensor is designed for high accuracy
- ABB has released a 1,200-unit line of key interlock switches and non-contact switches
- All products »