Hobart's Champion Elite engine-driven welding generator allows operators to weld and work with auxiliary tools at the same time
Hobart Welding Products introduces its Champion Elite engine-driven welding generator. Powered by a 23 hp OHV, twin-cylinder Kohler or Subaru gasoline engine, this machine produces 11,000 watts of peak auxiliary power and offers a 225-amp AC or 210-amp DC weld output. With 9,500 watts of continuous power at 100% duty cycle, the Champion Elite was designed to allow operators to weld and work with auxiliary tools at the same time.
The Champion Elite boasts 9,500 watts of continuous power (while welding) from four 120 V (20 amp) receptacles and one 120/240 V (50 amp) receptacle. All receptacles feature push-button reset circuit breakers. Auxiliary power is available while welding, offering two operators to work off the same generator.
The unit provides excellent starting capabilities for motors in the three to five hp range. It can run for up to 9 hours on one, 12-gallon tank of gas under a continuous load of 4,000 watts. Unlike competitive units, the rheostat does not have to be set to maximum for full auxiliary output.
On the welding side, the Champion Elite features Hobart’s Field Current Control (FCC) technology for smooth Stick arc starts with minimal sticking of the rod. The FCC monitors feedback from the welding arc and continuously adjusts the current from the generator to maintain optimum arc characteristics.
The Champion Elite has a 50- to 225-amp output for AC Stick welding with 6010, 6011, 6013 and 7018 rods up to 3/16 inch, and 7014 and 7024 rods up to 5/32 inch. The machine also is suitable for general stick or scratch start DC TIG.
Hobart Welding Products
- Hobart Welding Products' Handler 210MVP wire feed welder can use either 115 V or 230 V input power
- Hobart Welding Products has added four glove options to its line of personal safety products
- Hobart's IronMan 230 welder delivers a 30- to 250-amp output
- Hobart's DP 3545-20 Spool Gun is for optimized aluminum and other soft alloy wire welding
- All products »
- AutomationDirect expands its Wera line of hand tools to offer improved efficiency
- Snap-On ratchets meet FOD and FME conformance
- Scot's Tuff Hurricane II Citrus All-Purpose Cleaner is suitable for auto-scrubbers or parts washing
- Garland's White‑Knight Metal Primer is suitable for metal roofs
- General's iBorescope allows users to view, capture and save images to an iPad or iPhone
- AutomationDirect's Knipex pliers are available in a variety of styles
- All products »