Sterling Instrument's right-angle EG planetary gearheads are offered in four standard NEMA sizes
A series of right-angle EG planetary gearheads from Sterling Instrument is offered in four standard NEMA sizes: 17, 23, 34 and 42. These gearheads, identified as the S91 SREG Series, feature the planetary system, high torsional stiffness, case-hardened spiral bevel gears and are sealed to extend service life. They offer both single- and double-stage design, and include a precision balanced clamp-on pinion. Woodruff keys #404 and motor mounting hardware kits are supplied.
Each of the four NEMA sizes is offered in 13 gear ratios ranging from 3:1 to 100:1. Their maximum input speed is 5000 rpm. Their radial and axial shaft loading is 400 pounds. Their single-stage and double-stage minimum efficiency is 85% and 80% respectively. Operating temperatures range from -40°F to +225°F. The housings are made of steel, gold zinc plated. The right-angle housing and mounting flanges are made of aluminum, black anodized.
- Sterling Instrument's S991HY hollow-shaft right-angle helical gear drives feature built-in keyways
- Sterling Instrument's RTX precision planetary gearheads are offered in standard NEMA sizes 60 and 90
- Sterling Instrument's silicone insert couplings feature electrical isolation and no backlash
- Sterling Instrument's S50TLC slit-type plastic couplings feature UV resistance, voltage and RF isolation
- Sterling Instrument's magnetic disk couplings feature no friction or wearing parts
- All products »
- U.S. Motors' Silver Bullet Stainless Steel Motor offers increased horsepower
- Siemens' Simogear geared motor is built for energy efficiency
- Baldor's Super White Washdown Duty motor can endure washdowns on a regular basis
- Metcar Grade M-58 is approved by FDA for food and pharmaceutical applications
- AutomationDirect's SureGear PGA servo gear reducers offer accuracy and reliability
- ABB's ACS880 AC drives will be available as single drives, multidrives and drive modules
- All products »