Ametek's Pittman 8540 Series brush DC motors maximize power density and minimize cogging
Pittman 30mm brush-commutated DC motors integrate high-energy bonded neodymium magnets for maximized power density and an optimized magnetic field profile and seven-slot straight armature to minimize cogging. The motors also feature a large diamond-turned commutator and copper-graphite brushes to deliver high current capacity.
The Series 8540 brush DC motors offer high torque-to-size performance for power data storage, medical equipment and business machines.
The motors, measuring 1.181 inches in diameter, are available in three standard lengths: 2.080 inches, 2.552 inches and 3.025 inches. They can achieve continuous torque up to 9.3 oz-in. and continuous power up to 43W, depending on model, and peak torque up to 78.7 oz-in and speeds up to 6440 rpm at continuous torque for standard motors at rated voltages.
The motors' balanced armature minimizes noise and vibration. Large pre-loaded and heavy-duty ball bearings and supports promote high shaft-load capability. PC board brush cards with surface mount components incorporate electrical noise suppression, and a connector header allows for custom leadwire configurations.
- Ametek's Rotron Model DR333 and DR433 regenerative blowers employ regenerative air technology
- Ametek's Windjammer brushless DC blowers are available in low-voltage and high-voltage versions
- Ametek's Rotron EN and CP regenerative blowers incorporate explosion-proof AC motors
- Ametek's Jofra HPC500 and HPC502 handheld pressure calibrators offer deadweight tester accuracy in a digital package
- Ametek's MAE Size 34 (Model HS 200) hybrid stepper motors offer improved torque characteristics
- All products »
- U.S. Motors' Silver Bullet Stainless Steel Motor offers increased horsepower
- Siemens' Simogear geared motor is built for energy efficiency
- Baldor's Super White Washdown Duty motor can endure washdowns on a regular basis
- Metcar Grade M-58 is approved by FDA for food and pharmaceutical applications
- AutomationDirect's SureGear PGA servo gear reducers offer accuracy and reliability
- ABB's ACS880 AC drives will be available as single drives, multidrives and drive modules
- All products »