GE Fanuc's Proficy Process Systems 1.6 is a fully-integrated process control system
GE Fanuc Intelligent Platforms, a unit of GE Enterprise Solutions, has released the latest version of its process control system, Proficy Process Systems Version 1.6. Proficy Process Systems is a fully-integrated process control system that, based on its flexible configuration, architecture and choice of controller platforms, can provide customers in different industries with an advanced DCS or hybrid process control system to meet their specific needs.
Proficy Process Systems 1.6 continues to enhance the overall system architecture by adding the support of the PAC8000 process controllers and the PACSystems redundant Rx3i controllers.
PAC8000 Controllers can go where other controllers often cannot. They can incorporate optional intrinsic safety for hazardous area applications, and they can be field mounted and subjected to extreme temperatures and corrosive atmospheres when required. Features of the PAC8000 include the following:
- –40°C to +70°C operating range
- ISA Level G3 corrosion
- 30G shock and 5G vibration
- Operation in Class I, Division 2 and Zone 2 hazardous areas with field wiring extending into Division 1 and Zone 1/0 areas
PAC8000 controllers can pass HART information from smart field devices to a computer running device asset management software, allowing for remote maintenance and calibration. HART data and diagnostics can also be used directly in control applications, reducing commissioning time, process downtime and loop maintenance costs.
Included with Proficy Process Systems 1.6 is the Proficy Alarm Viewer that provides advanced alarm line formatting, filtering and sorting capabilities. It also has an audible alarms capability that annunciates alarms based on user-configured rules. Proficy Process Systems 1.6 also includes process control function blocks, enhanced visualization faceplates and ease-of-use features that enhance the overall usability of the system.
- GE Fanuc's Proficy DataMart 2.0 extends enterprise-reporting capabilities
- GE Fanuc's miView machine intelligence solution improves efficiency and eliminates waste in machine tool applications
- GE Fanuc's Proficy Maintenance Gateway 2.0 improves real-time operations between production and maintenance teams
- GE Fanuc's Proficy Cimplicity GlobalView enables real-time plant floor access at all organizational levels
- GE Fanuc's Proficy Scheduler puts finite capacity scheduling at planners' fingertips
- All products »
- Knipex Cobra Quick Set pliers feature a built-in shifting mechanism
- Hougen Manufacturing's step drills feature increased penetration rates with less force
- AutomationDirect expands its Wera line of hand tools to offer improved efficiency
- Snap-On ratchets meet FOD and FME conformance
- Scot's Tuff Hurricane II Citrus All-Purpose Cleaner is suitable for auto-scrubbers or parts washing
- Garland's White‑Knight Metal Primer is suitable for metal roofs
- All products »