Schneider Electric offers greenhouse gas reporting with its Square D PowerLogic ION EEM solution
Schneider Electric has announced the availability of greenhouse gas (GHG) reporting with its Square D PowerLogic ION enterprise energy management (EEM) solution. Correlating a distinct relationship between a company’s energy consumption and its consumption-based CO2e emissions, the PowerLogic ION EEM Emissions Tracking and Reporting module helps corporations achieve higher energy efficiency while reducing energy-related emissions, costs and downtime.
The solution is a combination of Square D PowerLogic ION EEM software and engineering services that results in accurate monitoring, modeling and reporting of CO2e emissions to convert energy data into useful, actionable greenhouse gas information.
The PowerLogic ION EEM Emissions Tracking and Reporting module follows guidelines presented by the GHG Protocol for direct and indirect (purchased) GHG emissions. It tracks emissions from combustion boilers, furnaces, vehicles, chemical production or controlled process equipment, as well as emissions from an organization’s utilities, such as purchased electricity or steam — those which emit carbon dioxide (CO2), methane (CH4) and nitrous oxide (N2O) into the atmosphere. Since the indirect emissions result depends on the amount of energy used and the mix of fuel that goes into producing this electricity or steam, the module helps delineate direct and indirect emission sources, improves transparency and assists organizations in implementing their climate policies.
PowerLogic ION EEM and its Emissions Tracking and Reporting module deliver a customized set of energy modeling, dimensional analysis and visualization tools that deliver actionable intelligence needed to support a complete energy and emissions management program, from the boardroom to the factory floor. Reports include aggregate CO2e output vs. target vs. base year to track emission reductions project performance and multisource CO2e output vs. target to compare the emissions performance of various business entities (business units, regions, buildings, facilities, departments, etc). Included in the module is a built-in mechanism that sets effective dates and properly accounts for the changing relationships between emission factors, purchased commodities and consumption sources. These slowly changing factors are taken into consideration when calculating emissions outputs and reporting company emissions performance over time.
Emissions data — along with any other data, such as production, energy and temperature — is available for trend analysis and reporting and included in views such as normalized energy usage patterns and key performance indicators. The ION EEM data presentation layer provides information via a web-enabled dashboard to aid energy managers with energy and emissions benchmarking, keeping programs on track relative to a target value, variances and base year totals, as well as a breakdown of CO2e output by commodity and validation of the resulting return on investment.
- Schneider Electric's Measurement and Verification Panelboards monitor energy usage
- Schneider Electric's StruxureWare Power Monitoring software helps facilities meet power management goals
- Schneider Electric's Altivar 61 connects to building automation networks
- Schneider Electric's M-Flex Enclosed Drive Controllers feature adjustable frequency power converters
- Schneider Electric's PowerPact with Micrologic Molded Case Circuit Breakers strengthens energy management
- Schneider Electric's VC10 Valve Controller is used to control pneumatic valves in hazardous locations
- All products »
- Hougen Manufacturing's step drills feature increased penetration rates with less force
- AutomationDirect expands its Wera line of hand tools to offer improved efficiency
- Snap-On ratchets meet FOD and FME conformance
- Scot's Tuff Hurricane II Citrus All-Purpose Cleaner is suitable for auto-scrubbers or parts washing
- Garland's White‑Knight Metal Primer is suitable for metal roofs
- General's iBorescope allows users to view, capture and save images to an iPad or iPhone
- All products »