The Beam Runner attaches to a steel beam in less than 10 seconds
Beam Runner offers worker safety in a fraction of the time. Many jobs require an anchoring system, whether they are building construction, maintenance or industry-related jobs. When a worker is above 6 feet, OSHA requires a suitable anchor point that is capable of withstanding 5,000 pounds of applied impact force. The 3.5-pound, stainless steel Beam Runner works like a clothes pin, attaching to a beam in less than 10 seconds. The Beam Runner was designed with the worker in mind and is simple to use and easy to carry. The Beam Runner is carried in a thigh-mounted holster and attaches horizontally, vertically or diagonally to almost any structural steel. The tool requires only one hand to operate, allowing the worker to hold on with the other hand. The locking mechanism is fully automatic and locks when a worker releases the handle. To protect against accidental release, the Beam Runner unlocks only when the handles and the safety lock are squeezed together. The device is used in conjunction with the worker's fall arrest equipment.
Features of the Beam Runner include:
- It creates a step anywhere. Simply climb a column, set the beam runner and stand on it. The Beam Runner becomes a temporary platform, saving time and effort.
- It works with retractable life lines.
- A right- and a left-hand version are available.
- The Beam Runner includes an easy-access holster to keep the tool clean and protected. The holster locks the Beam Runner in place to prevent tool from falling out.
- The Beam Runner helps workers to tie-off in difficult positions.
- It provides endless anchor points, including diagonal, horizontal and vertical.
Beam Runner LLC
- 3M's Peltor X earmuffs provide noise reduction up to 31 dB
- Allegro Industries' Liftbak provides ergonomic lifting support
- Magid's disposable respirators feature increased safety and comfort features
- 3M introduces five new lines of personal protective equipment
- 3M's SecureFit Protective Eyewear features pressure diffusion temple technology for improved safety
- Honeywell's Uvex AcoustiMaxx Stereo Bluetooth eyewear provides impact protection with hands-free communication
- All products »