Condition based monitoring program a useful tool in predictive maintenance
Rockwell Automation's principle of Condition Monitoring (CM) or Condition Based Maintenance (CBM) includes the following:
- The goal is to identify changes in the condition of a machine that will indicate some potential failure.
- Physical characteristics are identified that collectively indicate the current condition of the machine.
- Each of these characteristics is measured, analyzed, and recorded so that trends can be recognized.
Rockwell Automation condition-monitoring technologies and services are widely available to assist in proactively identifying minute changes in machine condition — some-times weeks or months before any problems become visibly apparent. Predictive and proactive maintenance methods, such as using information gathered from vibration, temperature and oil analysis, can help companies identify potential machinery problems that ultimately could result in downtime if not corrected.
Capturing, analyzing and effectively using machine condition information provides a strategic and competitive advantage, allowing companies to maximize their return on investments (ROI).
- Extech Instruments' EX570 12-function true RMS industrial multimeter with built-in IR thermometer is designed for harsh application environments
- Belt failure poster from Gates helps troubleshoot the cause of drive problems
- Meltric UL switch-rated welder plugs are designed to prevent arc flash
- Cognex DataMan 200 ID Reader offers Ethernet connectivity and liquid lens technology
- Grundfos' Multi-Stage CR-H centrifugal pump expands pressure ranges beyond traditional ANSI limitations
- Miller's auto-darkening welding helmet features wicked design
- All products »
- CAS DataLoggers' dataTaker DT82I Intelligent Industrial Data Logger features near-limitless sensor connection
- Omega Engineering's thermal imaging cameras make predictive maintenance simpler
- Iriss Platinum Series IR windows are clear polymer infrared windows
- Balmac's Model 555 Vibration Switch with Remote Accelerometer provides continuous vibration monitoring
- VSC's Protect Wireless provides remote machinery diagnostics and facility monitoring
- Siemens' Siplus CMS2000 condition monitoring system has inputs for vibration sensors
- All products »